Back to blogging, though mostly on the “27minutegardener.com” site – I’ll be putting quick and easy hacks here that I’ve used or find interesting. This is one of the easiest (and free) hacks for supressing weeds.
- Cut the bottom off of a paper grocery bag
- Split the bag at the seam
- Cut it in half lengthwise
- Fold accordion style so you have 2″ panels
- Cut a half a hole on the folded edge in the center
- You now have approximately six holes in a strip of thick paper to plant your plants!
You can fold it with wider or narrower panels to make the holes closer or further apart, cut two holes on one side and one on the other to create a staggered planting pattern, or just lay the strips down on either side of a row to keep the weeds down.